Let’s get out of that funky funk!
Happy hump day! Has anyone been in a funk lately, I know I have! Not a fun funk where I’m dancing to some Motown , but a mood in which it feels like gray skies are following you wherever you go. I’m here to tell you some secrets to help you get through this ungroovy mood. First of all, I can’t promise that this will totally unfunk you , but it will definitely help when you are feeling negative or unhappy.
Reach out to an old friend and catch up on life
- doing this can make you happy and feel more connected with loved ones.
Treat yourself to your favorite foods
- yes, I am guilty of eating yogurtland more than once and getting my favorite vanilla chai almonds a bit more this month, but it made me happy so who cares!
Focus on the bigger picture
- think about everything you have going for you and put a focal point on what you want to achieve in life, whether that is being a great person, owning your own company, or backpacking around the world.
Keep yourself busy
- join a club, go on a run, get that killer internship you always wanted! Surround yourself with positive vibes and activities.
- love yourself, your friends, love what you do. Look at all the love you have in your life, and if you are still feeling down focus on SELF LOVE. Go buy yourself flowers, love the body and soul you have.
Write it down
- when I’m feeling blue writing helps relieve me. Whether it is a simple poem, a journal entry, or a blog post. Writing can relieve your feelings so that they don't keep building up on top of each other.
Dance it out
- blast your favorite song and dance / sing it all out! Grab a friend and go crazy !
I literally have done all of these , and they have helped me feel better. Even if you are in the funk zone these things can give you some comfort, and trust me one day you will wake up and say I’m super happy today and the negative spell will be over! Happy Wednesday , I love you all .
Remember you are loved,
P.S. If anyone needs anyone to talk to , or advice email me at email@example.com